Cleaning Your Brick Floors – How To Do It Right
Cleaning your brick floors can seem like a daunting task, but it’s not as hard as you might think. In fact, it can be pretty easy to do the right way and get your floors looking great in no time at all. Here are some tips to help you get started:
(Looking for the best car detailing Charlotte NC? Contact us today!)
How to Clean a Brick Floor.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour a pot of boiling water onto the floor and wait until it fills up (about 15 minutes).
- Use a plunger to suction onto the top of the brick and pull until all the liquid is extracted (the brick will be very wet).
- Place the brick in a bowl of cold water and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Carefully dry off the brick with a cloth or paper towel (be sure not to damage the surface).
- Repeat steps 2-5 as needed until all of your bricks have been cleaned.
- Quit the oven and allow it to cool down before returning to work on another project.
How to Remove the Dirt and Mold from a Brick Floor.
Begin by cleaning the surface of the floor with a mop or broom. Be sure to clean every nook and cranny, as well as any areas that have been contaminated by dirt and mold.
Next, add an effective cleaner to the mop or broom and brush it across the entire surface of the floor. Avoid using harsh chemicals or alcohol on pieces that may cause damage to the surface of the floor.
To ensure that all of the cleanings are done properly, use a dust cloth to dry off any area that has been cleaned.
How to Protect Your Brick Floor From Damage.
Clean the surface of your floor with a diluted bleach solution (or a vinegar and water mixture) to clean it of dirt, dust, and other debris.
Rinse the floor with warm water and soap before using it for any activity.
Wipe down the floor every day with a dry cloth to keep it clean and PROTECTED from damage by pests or other activities.
Cleaning a brick floor is an important task that should be done correctly. You need to remove the dirt and mold from the floor, and then protect it from damage. By following the right steps, you can create a clean and safe floor that will stay in good condition for years to come.