Car Detailing: Costs
Wishing your car looked as good as new? You can get what you’re looking for through detailing, but first, you must choose whether to do it yourself or employ a professional.
(For Car Detailers Charlotte NC, visit FC Auto Detailing)
The process of bringing a car back to like-new or better-than-new condition is known as detailing. The exterior and inside are treated for dings, chips, cracks, age, and wear in addition to washing away dirt, dust, and grime. This goes beyond simple surface cleaning.
In contrast to an automated car wash, car detailing is always done by hand, leaving behind a spotless vehicle that appears to have just left the assembly line.
In order to protect and enhance the paint, exterior detailing primarily focuses on removing scratches, fixing swirls and chips, and fixing rust and oxidation. Following a thorough exterior wash and water rinse, the exterior detailing procedure entails:
- Paint claying: The paint is scrubbed with a clay bar to remove any washing-related residue.
- Polishing: Scratches and swirls are eliminated by removing layers of clear coat.
- Waxing: A final sheen and layer of protection are added by applying a wax coating. Additionally, for additional protection from environmental factors including UV radiation, acid rain, rocks, bugs, and bird droppings, you can upgrade to ceramic coating or PPF (paint protection film).
To address significant flaws like oxidation and stains, paint correction can also be done. In addition to the two to four hours it generally takes to detail a car’s exterior, true paint correction requires the use of machines or sandpaper and can require additional time.
Other exterior detailing procedures include:
- Paint and trim touch-ups;
- Exterior glass cleaning
- Headlight polishing
- Engine detailing
- Tire cleaning
Typical interior finishings include:
- Vacuuming: both at the start and finish of the job. To reach the smallest, trickiest spaces, an air compressor can be employed.
- Shampooing and/or Steam: washing the carpet, floor mats, and upholstery.
- Leather cleaning and conditioning.
- Interior glass cleaning
- Interior wipe-down for dirt and dust
- Air freshening
What Is the Price of Professional Car Detailing?
A 2020 survey found that the average cost of car detailing was $160. The cost varies according to the car’s size and state. Vans and SUVs can cost $50 extra. Different service packages with prices ranging from $20 to $200 or more are commonly offered by professional auto detailing businesses.
What Advantages Do Professional Car Detailing Services Offer?
- You save time by using professionals. A well-kept car typically needs a professional detailing once every two to four hours. If you conduct the same detailing project yourself, it can take you at least twice as long. Some businesses will come to your home and detail your automobile if you don’t want to leave it at the detailing shop!
- Professionals help you save money on more complex treatments like paint correction and engine detailing that require specialized detailing equipment.